2011年1月27日星期四

imagining that in the vast caldera was hidden some great secret that would redeem me in the eyes of my family

And in that next year, my ancilla measured and judged me.One dry and dusty day, as I climbed the gentle slope of Edom's largest volcano, imagining that in the vast caldera was hidden some great secret that would redeem me in the eyes of my family and justify my existence-my common state of pointless fugue-she broke ancilla code in a replica Movado Valor 604774 WoMen's watch shocking manner.She confessed that she had once, a thousand years ago, been part of the retinue of the Librarian. Of course, I knew about the greatest Lifeworker of all. I wasn't com pletely ignorant. Lifeworkers-experts on living things and medicine-rank below both Builders and Miners, but just above Warriors.

And the highest rank of Lifeworker is Lifeshaper. The Librarian was one of just three Lifeworkers ever honored with that rank.The ancilla's memory of her time with the Librarian had supposedly been expunged when the Librarian's foundation traded her to my swap-family, as part of a general cultural exchange; but now, fully replica Movado 0605525 WoMen's watch reawakened to her past, it seemed she was prepared to conspire with me.She told me: “There is a world just a few hours' journey from Edom where you might find what you seek. Nine thousand years ago, the Librarian established a research station in this system.

It is still a topic of discussion among the Miners, who of course disapprove. Life is ever so much more slippery than rocks and gases.”This station was located on the system's third planet, known as Erde-Tyrene: a forsaken place, obscure, sequestered, and both the origin and final repository of the last of a degraded species called replica Movado 0605528 WoMen's watch human.My ancilla's motives, it seemed, were even more deviant than my own. Every few months, a craft lifted away from Edom to carry supplies downstar to Erde-Tyrene. She did not precisely inform me of what I would find there, but through hints and clues led me to decide it was major.